Monday, November 30, 2009

Down By Law
















I was contemplating on 'Down By Law' for a long time, but some title or the other always took precedence. Finally I decided, it was 'Down By Law' this time. I was familiar with some works of Jim before, and had seen Coffee and Cigarette and Broken Flowers. I felt Lost in Translation and Broken Flowers had a lot in common, may be I am just making it up, I don’t’ now, but I definitely feel so…
Tom Waits was just definition cool, in spite of the wretched condition, the locale, the state of affairs, the people around him, the clothes, he oozed attitude. The way he spoke like a DJ, oh man that was a class act. Nicoletta was so sensual even when she was talking rubbish…Well then Jim leaves no room for speculation, he has a style of his own.

No comments: