Monday, October 18, 2010

The Town (2010)




























Ben Affleck, re-creates, what many have attempted before, a formula which never fails – heist. Edgy, racy, thrilling, it has what I was looking for in a movie on a Friday night…It did not fail me, one bit.

Ben Affleck – the most recent movie which I saw again was Armageddon which had Ben star in it…I was quite impressed by his Gone, Baby Gone. It was quite an affair, and it was a movie I recommended to a lot…There were some shots from the movie which stand out – he working out, his phone call to Rebecca Hall from across the street and the final shot.

Rebecca Hall – well I can’t forget her from Vicky Christina Barcelona…Well though she does not pay a very different character, she brings the needed feel and affect. Well that’s what’s needed and it was there. She appears in Prestige, I remember her character but not her so much.

Blake Lively – I have been re-checking IMDB and Wiki repeatedly to see where have I seen her before..But then there is not a strong recall from where…I have seen New, York, I Love You, but can’t remember her so much. Yet she looks so much familiar, I can’t believe why I am not able to recollect. Or is that she resembles someone? Koel Purie ? Can someone get me out of this tangle>

Pete (Peter) William – I remembered him from so many movies, then I recollect it is primarily from Inception and In the Name of the Father.

Jeremy Renner – You can’t for forget him, if you have seen Hurt Locker. Similar style somewhat, lesser limelight and different set-up. Cocky and spirited, he gives the needed edge to the role.

No comments: