Monday, July 30, 2012

Lady Chatterley (BBC TV Series 1993)

Lady Chatterley (BBC TV Series 1993) Cast: Joely Richardson, Sean Bean Original novel: D.H. Lawr
ence That was the phase, when I decided, let me discover the classics from the literature via the movies. Not that I had not done before, but paucity of time, was the main force. I knew about the controversy that surrounded the novel, and how it was considered a taboo in its time. What I picked to watch was the BBC TV series. The thing I like about the TV series, is the attention to detail that the TV series could afford to give. At the same time, it would take a logical break, making it easy to resume from where I left… Sir Clifford, Connie and Mellors bring together an visual and cerebral treat. The perfect country side setting, the lofty ideals of Sir Clifford, back drop of the World War, the distinction of the classes contrast that with feral desires, need to defy the conventions of the society and courage to break the rules knowing well the consequences…well that’s what you get when you see lady Chatterley A definite must for admirers of English classics; don’t miss it.

No comments: