Sunday, December 16, 2012

Life of Pi (2012)

























Life of Pi (2012) Director: Ang Lee Cast: Irrfan Khan, Tabu, Adil Hussain Based on: Yann Martel’s book. Irrfan Khan and Tabu, are paving their way into the American cinema and have made quite a mark too. I amazes at the transformation that Tabu underwent from the girl in “Ruk Ruk Ruk” to roles in Maqbool, Cheeni Kum and so on. Irrfan has a direct, in your face style, and sticks to it. That’s pretty much about the cast. Well, like to add that I saw two films of Adil Hussain in quick succession, Life of Pi and English-Vinglish. His resemblance to Kay Kay Menon, is one thing I noticed, and I think he would make better cast in a negative role. Ang Lee is definitely a versatile director and his subjects/works/films are a proof of it. I first noticed Ang Lee with Sense and Sensibility, and then there has been no looking back. Every movie ever since, has been a masterpiece. Life of Pi is one of the very few books, I have purchased and not finished. When I heard, Life of Pi is being made as a movie, I wanted to see what I missed. The movie is matches nearly to what I had imagined how Pi would be in the boat with the tiger. It is a visual and imaginative treat.

No comments: