Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mercedes Benz










In a country like India, were the number of the Mercedes that roll on the streets in a city can be numbered; owning one is still a matter of pride. Though I knew that the Mercedes stands as a landmark in automobile engineering, my first hand experience was something memorable. My maternal uncle, quite fond of cars, branded as good for nothing by many, with sheer hard work for over 15 years, earned his Merc. I went with him for a ride, last time I visited him. He brought us to a highway, and waited for some time for the traffic to give him enough space to let the engine throttle. Then, when he accelerated, it was nothing short of being in the cockpit itself. The sudden rush of adrenalin when the car gathers speed; it is something which I cannot forget. The car accelerated in a matter of split seconds, but to sit in a car which can do so, well that was definitely a tough tough ride for him.

2 comments:

Kapil Munish said...

dude's uncle got a car, and that too Merc gr8!

Pel said...

thank you for your comment! how have you been?