Monday, April 27, 2009

The Bicycle Thief


















The Bicycle Thief

I had heard and read umpteen times how the movie has been a turning point for so many when it came to cinema. I have been looking for this movie for a long time and not been able to get it or looked for it at the wrong places. Finally, during my visit to Delhi, I accidentally discovered it at my friend's place.

I feel quite ashamed to admit that I did not get the kick after watching the movie or seem to have missed the essence of it somewhere. I failed to realize why the movie was such a big turning point for many.

So I still feel, maybe when I re-visit the movie later, some other day, it will reaveal its true colors to me..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Apparently, you're not alone: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0040522/board/nest/72537559. There seems to be an online argument going on about the merits of the movie. I'm intrigued now, so I'll have to put it on my list.

Vinod Jose said...

I read the chain of comments on the link; there appears to be a lot of others too..