Thursday, April 2, 2009

Elegy























When I saw Human Stain an year back, I found the movie very engrossing and later when I read the book by Philip Roth, I was convinced that Philip was indeed a genius. I found the construction of his sentences to be quite unusual and complicated. Every line required attention, and it was not a breeze through. It was like reading Shakespeare, you can't wait to find out what happens, but can't rush through the passages.





I found a quite a bit of similar traces in the works in 'Elegy' too. I have not yet read the book, but Philip Roth's style hovers over the plot. I feel its written all over the movie.





Like Vicky Chrisitina Barcelona, Elegy too is very sensually shot. The unassuming presence on the screen and well delivered dialogs are proof of the actors verstality and screenplay writers skill.





I found the movie to be well shot, good shots from NYC, nice contours, nice colours, nice costume and make up, and the sets of course were very welcoming.

1 comment:

Kapil Munish said...

tried watching the movie..but cudn't able to see full, u know me ;)
anywayz here's one for u....'what just happened' Robert de niro starrer.....