Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Blue Umbrella

























The Blue Umbrella



The movie was nostalgic with a rush of childhood memories. Based on a story by Ruskin Bond, the movie reminded me of my old school days. The stories from taught from the 'Rapid reader' at school though very intriguing, were always with laced with fear and used make my heart beat faster. When you would be evaluated and judged on how well you read the story and a miniscule incident could be an 'essay type' question; the joy of reading for pleasure was overpowered with the anxiety to perform...

However now when I watched the movie, I was able to recollect how and what I used to feel while reading the stories then. Though I wished to grow up soon as a kid, now, I feel quite the contrary. I am sure you too would love relive some moments from your child hood.

With every year passing by, the complexities of our lives just weans us away from enjoying the small luxuries of life...

The movie won the National Award in India, for the best children's film. A brilliant performance by verteran actor Pankaj Kapur and child artist Shreya Sharma

No comments: