Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Amal











AMAL




I had not heard of the movie before...I was browsing through the collection of movies at my rental store when I came across this very unconventional looking movie catalog...The cast and the international screenings prompted me to pick it up...
I find Koel to be very intense actress, though I feel she is more suited for the theatre than films...She along with Rupinder Nagra and crew veteran actors like Roshan and Naseerudin do a brilliant job...I liked the editing, the screenplay and the narrative...
I felt it so much like Amu, maybe the setting in Delhi was the influence...There are subtle attempts to link the characters, which is in a way not so subtle too...I need to research a litle more about Rupinder Nagra, he seems to be an unexploited talent..
It does run into some cliche's well movie does not...

2 comments:

Kapil Munish said...

For first time atleast I can say that I knew about the movie atleast before you though haven;t watched it :)
else itz alwayz 1 way traffic
kapil :jose this movie
jose: seen huh!
;)

Vinod Jose said...

Yesterday re-presented my World Cinema presentation which has my voice-over...It was 4 years back I had made it...Soon the tables are going to reverse, with your super sonic net access and the movies getting released there first...