Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rachel Getting Married





Rachel Getting Married

My friend Soumik recommended me the movie, he usually downloads the movies and we exchange stuff over every weekend. He is an internet junkie; a very simple soul and great human being. You need to know him to know him...

Anne Hathway, well I discovered her as an actress in 'Devil wears Prada'...She has matured as an actress and she steals the show in 'Rachel getting married'...The movie reminded me of 'Girl Interrupted' in more than one way. I liked the movie a lot...the whole of it happens while Rachel is getting married. No complex storyline, no suspense, no mushy romance...yet so many things happen at so many levels...Of the trivial things which I liked about the movie is how they drape the 'sari'...I like the clumsy way they drape it..

If I were to say something, I would say please avoid watching 'Margot at the wedding'; its tremendous waste of talent...That's another movie which for most part happens at a wedding, such a brilliant cast and crew, but what a waste of a movie...Would love to hear from someone who liked 'Margot at the Wedding'; would like to hear what did I miss out on...

1 comment:

Argi said...

Hello from Macedonia, Greece!