Sunday, July 5, 2009

Downloading Nancy














A plot I have never thought about, a director Johan Renck, I never knew off, a great review on Amazon by Chris Pandolfi, a compelling tagline 'the most controversial film you will see this year', suicidal woman, rugged demon lover, self obsessed husband, academic counselor, dreams, realities, fantasies, drudgery, abuse, unpleasant, unusual, based on true events, good music score (I didnt realize it though), stunning performance, need to feel pain...I mean when all of this takes the shape of a movie on screen, you can squirm, you can curse, you can pass it off as baseless, you can kick if you like, you can walk out too, you feel repulsive, you could feel a blast, you can sense an explosion...


I just let it be, the way it is, how it is...Not affected, not moved, not stired, just a spectator.

No comments: