Friday, July 3, 2009

My stint with Plagiarism

I was visiting some of my relatives in Bombay; and it was my first visit to the city. I was quite young, may be 10 years old, and was quite amused by all that the city had to offer. Fast locals, city bustling with people, high rise apartments with lifts, pretty girls and so on and on.

My relatives kids were our age (me and my brother’s); and during our exploring sessions at their house I got hold of their school magazine. I liked reading their magazine and flipping through it. Then it strangely occurred to me that this was probably the biggest treasure I could lay my hands on. A magazine full of articles which I could pass off as my contributions to my school magazine. Quickly, I searched the sections and took articles published by kids of my age. I took the ones which I felt would be sure-shot selection for my school mag. I even used the tracing paper and traced the images from their mag.

I was quite content and satisfied with my short-cut to fame; I submitted my articles. I was sure of them being selected, because these had been selected by the other school’s editorial board. I waited earnestly for my mag to be published. I had thought of playing it absolutely innocent if anyone were to question the source of the article and to stick to the story that I myself had scribbled it.

Well, the mag was published but without my article. Till date it remains a mystery why my articles were rejected by the editorial board.

5 comments:

Kapil Munish said...

I guess they(ur school's editorial board) knew your level of writing and it didn't stand against the one you submitted ;)

Vinod Jose said...

Hey how is Ohio treating you, moved to your apartment or still at the Inn?

When are you planing to get your stuff from NJ; I am sure you don't have to travel to NJ to get it...

How is the weather and how is the new workplace?

Take care

Unknown said...

Really you did that?

Vinod Jose said...

Yes I did

~anu~ said...

hehehe.. your school's standard perhaps was higher.