Friday, December 18, 2009

Dirty Harry



















Director: Don Siegel
Cast: Clint Eastwood
Year of Release: 1971


I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

You don't assign him to murder cases, You just turn him loose


The other day during lunch, I said, that Clint Eastwood as a director made path-breaking movies. Then what exactly defined path breaking movies really? Path breaking could be the plot, the direction, the handling of the subject, it could be innumerable things. For Clint Eastwood I think it was the characterization and its impact on the audience. The influence of these characters on the cinema to come years after is proof enough. It also has strong depiction of the times then, the way how the society was evolving and its vices and addictions. I need to read more on how Clint Eastwood got to understand the psyche of the cops so well, and create a character so raw, and so powerful. Lot of Bollywood movies too, have been influenced by him.

No comments: