Monday, May 17, 2010

From 20, 000 thousand feet high

This though seems the most (ab)used term these days; I never it gave too much thought to it so much as I did recently. After negotiating multiple hair pin bends, I reached a popular hill top on the outskirts of the city. There was a particular spot from where you could get a birds eye view of the vast plains, the hamlets, the winding roads, the green fields, the buses and vehicles on the road….

Sitting there I realized, what looks like vast green fields when you cross them on the road, are just some green patches from above. The towns and hamlets are just settlements which in an organized fashion. The huge buses which can knock down people are actually very small mobbing toys from the top.

Well that’s not what hit me, I mean, I have seen such views before too…What I felt was, what we are obsessed with so much, boundaries, encroachments, land disputes, settlement issues, personal issues, racism, riots…and so on…When you reach a certain altitude it becomes so trivial or insignificant. It appears to be worthless to loose your sleep over. Now imagine, if this the view from a high altitude on Earth, how would it be from the universe. I mean our whole planet Earth itself is a miniscule in the infinite space outside…Imagine then, what are we loosing sleep over…How we are obsessed with so many unwanted trivial issues, we rarely see the beauty around us.

1 comment:

Kapil Munish said...

Very well said buddy...but the only trouble is very few take the pains to look at things from above!