Monday, June 7, 2010

500 days of Summer (2009)





























Director - Marc Webb
Cast - Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zooey Claire Deschanel

My friend from Columbus, Ohio had recommended this movie at least 500 days back, it was after so long that I finally got around to see it. This is something which I call as a clean and neat movie. You know what could happen, you know what could not happen, you start to like the characters, you somehow feel you can predict what they can do, but then you may not be…The narrative weaves the story so well, I can think of Juno and High Fidelity, where the narration really changed the way how the movie came out…

I remember Zooey Claire Deschanel from Hitchhiker’s Guide to Galaxy, and I know she was there in Almost Famous, but do not remember her so well from there. She somewhere does not reveal why she does what she does in (500) Days of Summer…

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, though he was there in Havoc, right now, I can’t recollect him at all…

Marc Webb – this is his directorial debut…

A lovely soundtrack, and interestingly I had heard ‘Sugar Town’ very recently and when Zooey sings the same in the movie, I was like wow!!! The other track which I liked is the one which plays with the end credits – ‘She’s Got you High’.

1 comment:

Kapil Munish said...

thanks for this :)
and I guess I read ur blog after 500 days ;)
lols
all the best for the coming summer....