Thursday, November 18, 2010

Clint Eastwood

















I have met him many a times, and even stayed with him too. But then I noticed the uncanny resemblance and outlook only during my last visit to New Delhi.

I was staying over at Jacob uncle’s place, and over lunch he was sharing his experience. He was recollecting how when he was a bachelor he used ride 150-160 km daily on his Royal Enfield – Bullet. He narrated an incident when, he had just returned from one of his such trips, and suddenly remembered he forgot something. He immediately turned his bike to fetch it. One of the trucks had just dumped a fresh load of sand on the road, which uncle didn’t know. He lost his balance, skidded and fell down, with the Silencer of the bike on his calf muscle. Unable to lift the bike himself, he took help from the passersby. He was on his feet again, met the doc, and returned to his room. Next day morning is only when he realized, he was hardly able to keep his feet on the ground. It required two weeks of bed rest to recover.

While he was narrating the story I looked at his limbs, I looked at his hair, I looked at his facial feature, I tried to imagine a younger him. And then I saw his current self. He looked like Clint Eastwood. His grey round neck T-shirt and khaki trousers reminded me of Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino and his Bullet escapade reminded me of Dirty Harry. Its uncanny, both the resemblance and that I didn’t notice it before.

1 comment:

Kapil Munish said...

wow... ur escapades with fame are something worth reading and watching... so who else is on target next ;)