Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I too had a love story – Ravinder Singh























I too had a love story – Ravinder Singh


I wanted to read the book, I wanted to know what was it made of to make it what it is. I knew it would be breezy read. I was travelling from Bangalore to Thrissur, I had approximately 10 hours of an overnight travel, and roughly about 2-3 hours of transit time. Personally, I had set an agenda I should be through the book by the time I reach my destination. I kept my milestone.

It’s a very plain narrative, a narrative which otherwise was not so popular in the Fiction genre and that too as novels till “Five Point Someone’ changed the paradigm. ‘Five Point Someone’ reached out to people who dreaded books, and they have lapped up the book more voraciously than the already initiated. And the reasons are obvious I guess. But I feel if ‘Five Point Someone’ can create so much hysteria, what effect the conventional novels would be able to do. But then, I may be a bit crude here, the audience is different for the two – one with near zero attention span and then the others.

There are some high moments, some predictable moves, and some poignant ones too. Overall, what I wished for, I got more than that. Hence hugely impressed. I had been through a similar phase recently, so all the more reason to relate to the characters. (Did Shaadi.com and IMS endorse the author?).

4 comments:

bhagyashree said...

i totaly love dis....... bocozzz something is similar to ma life alsooooooooo
thanks to ravinder 4 dis heart touching novel...

saioni said...

thanku ravinder 4 writing such a beautiful novel..for sharin smthng which is so prsnal..thnku

Unknown said...

really dis is vn of the gr8t heart touching novel dat i ever read...
Thankyou
Ravinder

Unknown said...

I love, love stories but this book is something which made me forget my routine life...
I was just reading it every single minute i got...I am very bad at reading but this book i read in just four days till late night 2am
Thanks to the writer for sharing lovely feelings in words...
Best wishes for further writings..👍😘