Wednesday, June 10, 2009

End of Violence



























I could not follow Wim Wender's 'Wings of Desire' to an extent that I left it incomplete. I did not read reviews or the script. I did not like the movie one bit. With that experience, Wim Wender and his movies were out of my list of movies.



Then going through the collection of movies at my rental store, I saw 'End of Violence', and I saw Andie MacDowell in the cast. I was kind of mesmerized by her performance in 'Sex, Lies and Videotape' and 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'. I somehow felt the 'End of Violence' would be similar to 'Sex Lies and Videotape'. I was completely wrong. Apart form some gripping and thought provoking sequences, I found the movie to be a drag. For instance the solo performance of the actors, Andie's encounter with her husband after he has been misssing for days and few others were worth the watch. On the whole, I did not comprehend the mystery of the movie. I have no regrets either, neither do I want to sit up and read what did I miss. I feel the movie is not worth all that effort. Well, that was not the case when I watched 'Mulholland Drive'. I watched the movie back to back to get a hang of what goes on.

Andie is charming, I need to dig out and see more of her movies. Its a pity that I discovered her so late.

Wim Wender definitely not for me.

No comments: