Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ram Teri Ganga Maili





















I am not sure what's up with this movie; I usually end up watching this movie, whenever it is played on telly. Though I have never been able to watch this movie completely, I vaguely know the plot. This movie was released in 1985 under Raj Kapoor's banner and was a block buster during those times. Mandikini won a Filmfare nomination for her role as 'Ganga'. The songs are very 'Bollywoodish' but some how, I kind of like it. While I was watching the movie, I noticed that there a lot of mythical references in the movie with social and political undercurrents.

Indeeed it can be passed off as a typical Bollywood masala mix with a cliche plot, but something about the movie draws me towards it. I have not figured out why.

No comments: