Friday, March 26, 2010

Young Victoria






















Directed Jean Marc Vallee
Cast – Emily Blunt, Rupert Friend, Mark Strong, Harriet Walter

If someone says it is a costume drama, well I would not disagree completely, I would add that it’s also an Academy Award winning movie in that category. No doubt the movie will leave you spell bound by the vast sets, castles and the opulence. Beyond that I found the small sparks of brilliance in the screenplay and plot development…Well talking about the Academy Award for best costume design to Sandy Powell, I found her acceptance speech quite snobbish…

We were watching the last show in PVR, and as expected there were hardly any viewers. The real dampener was that the background music was completely screwed up, though the audio quality for the dialogs were intact.

Emily Blunt for me was able to emote the princess in distress poignantly.
Rupert Friend, lacked the finesse and charm of a prince, not sure if Prince Albert was actually like him 
Harriet Walter : enjoyed listening to her impeccable (my idea of a typical Brit) accent. I remember her from Sense and Sensibility, she was the conniving Fanny Dashwood, coming to think of it, she plays the role to perfection.…

No comments: