Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Crazy Heart






















Director – Scott Cooper (remember him from Austin Powers)
Cast – Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Colin Farrell


When Jeff Bridges walks into the frame, you know, well this is going to be an out and out country movie, not that I mind one bit. Definitely you can see he is aging, definitely you can see hi still has his way with women. When he does a performance you realize why is Bad Blake so good. I mean the guitar, the song, the lyrics, all that is needed to transport you from wherever you are.

The movie has a flow, it has a melody, it has a rhythm. If you can pick it up, and go along, you would have a wonderful time together.

Maggie, I kind of despised her when I saw her in Dark Knight. I felt she was a complete misfit to the otherwise brilliant star cast in Dark Knight. But I felt the role she played in Crazy Heart came to her naturally, she did an awesome job and brought so much of depth to her character. She got an Academy nomination for her role.

Jeff undoubtedly steals the show, hands down….He deserved the Academy.

No comments: