Monday, September 21, 2009

In the Cut - “I want to do to you what the spring does to the cherry tree”
























An unkempt and disorganized apartment but amidst this chaos, you see order, and then you know for sure that this is not the Meg Ryan you have seen before. Long time back when I had seen Meg Ryan for the first time in ‘French Kiss’ like any other boy, I was like wow she is a beauty. But then with time you realize, yes she is pretty but there are others too. A lot of them in fact!!! She is plays a professor with a passion for words, and lives quite a dangerous life though she does not intend to.
Mark Ruffalo, well I didn’t know a single thing about him until I saw ‘I can count on you’. I picked that move for Laura Linney, but Mark was a bonus. Both of them together give an absolutely incredible performance. Well, in ‘In The Cut’, Mark - believe me, somewhere resembles, Abhay Deol. I think its the mush. He plays a cop, a cop not everyone would like.
Overall though the plot may be summarized as a thriller, the movie operates at many levels. There is a dark element, there is mystery, there is chaos, there is danger, there is risk and a good amount of melodrama. Its based on a novel by Susanna Moore. Jane Campion who made the masterpiece ‘The Piano’; directed this movie. Nicole Kidman it is said was supposed to play the role which was played by Meg Ryan. Nicole I guess wound up as being one of the producers for the movie.

1 comment:

Kapil Munish said...

I guess if you look at Meg Ryan she dons the looks of Nicole Kidman in these shots for sure...