Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A walk on the Moon














Do you feel that some actors get stereotyped into certain roles for the major chunk of their career? Whenever I see, Jenifer Aniston, all that I can think is Friends nothing beyond, same case for Lisa Kudrow. For Diane Lane there three movies which I can re-collect and all of them have traces of similar characterization. I think whenever somebody is thinking about casting, its in favor of the actor who has done a role with similar strains. A Walk on the Moon, Under the Tuscan Sky, Must Love Dogs well all of them show streaks of a woman trying to search herself. However when we talk about versatility I believe there are some actors who have this ability to get into the skin of the character more than what one could imagine. For instance Nicole Kidman in Dogville, Felicity Huffman in Transamerica, Heath Ledger in Dark Knight. Heath Ledger in Dark Knight, hats off to Nolan to be able to see Heath Ledger as the Joker. I could not think of the Brokeback Mountain actor to undergo such a transformation.

No comments: