Wednesday, February 9, 2011

127 hours (2010)






















127 hours

Cast – James Franco

I somewhat knew what to expect. Hence was delaying it for quite some time. I always have experienced that movies, I have been biased against, and have won nominations, have turned out to be the most memorable movies I have seen.

127 hours has been an exception to that.

I till date maintain of all the films of Danny I have seen – Trainspotting is my personal favorite. Hands down.

127 hours did not capture my imagination and move me as much as I thought it would. The grotesque act of survival is what remains very clear in my mind. The location and the limitation of the screenplay in such a scenario, limitation of what can be the background score, limitations as an only actor, well the limitations are innumerable. Yet it still does not appeal to me. It’s an National Geography/Discovery channel format, maybe crude, but that’s at its best I can say.

No comments: