Tuesday, February 8, 2011

American Beauty (1999)





























Cast: Kevin Spacey, Annette Benning, Meena Suvari,
Director: Sam Mendes

Sam Mendes’s claim to fame. American and Beauty – both intricately woven into the movie, it blends the two words.

It was my second time I was viewing this movie. However, I had forgotten most of the exact words which were spoken by whom and when. I remembered the sequence of events roughly, but it was an absolute delight to watch a re-run on ZStudio w/o a commercial break, after a long day.

The narrative and the way how the characters interplay, it’s so beautiful, and it’s so very an American story. It can only happen in America.

So many things actually happen on the screen and a lot more in our minds. That’s what I loved about such movies. They way they play with your minds. Deserves all the wins it got that year. American Beauty, hands down, you were awesome.

No comments: