Friday, February 25, 2011

The King’s Speech (2010)



































Director: Tom Hooper
Cast : Colin Firth, Helena Bonham Carter, Geoffrey Rush

This is first feature film from John Hooper I am watching.

Colin Firth, I have seen a couple of his films. Probably this would be the one I feel he did his best. The other role which I would stand by is for Pride and Prejudice.

Helena Bonham Carter – I saw her first in Fight Club. I was floored. Howard’s End. Well, her role here is quite a non-whacky one…but then she captures what is needed to get the King going.

Guy Pearce – See him in Memento. See him in Rules of Engagement. LA Confidential. Factory Girl. The King’s Speech, is a milder of his performance.

Geoffrey Rush – I have seen him. I do not really remember a role which I recollect clearly.

Now coming to the movie – the definite high is the unconventional and unorthodox ways of the speech therapist. An inside peek into the ways of the blue blood and the manner of conduct. A must watch.

No comments: