Sunday, May 10, 2009

Choke
























Some time back I got to know that Chuck Palahniuk has written another novel Choke and it’s being made as a movie. Well, after the affect ‘Fight Club’ produced on me, ‘Choke’ was something I was very eagerly waiting for. Gradually it slipped out of my mind and I completely forgot about it. Yesterday while browsing through the new releases at my DVD store I spotted ‘Choke’.
Choke was a cross between Californication and ‘High Fidelity’. A guiding narrative speaking on behalf of an eccentric ‘sex-addict’…It’s too early for me yet to form a concrete judgment and write off the movie. I still need to put together some more sequences to figure out if they give a twist to the whole understanding.
One thing for sure, Choke in no way matches the raw intensity of Fight Club, it does not even close to it. I think it’s better to put them as two different genres. That would do justice to both.

No comments: