Sunday, May 24, 2009

Shakespeare in Love
















I had seen Shakespear in Love before in college, but then I realized I didnt even remember the plot or the climax...I had to watch it again, and it happended this weekend.
Master William Shakespeare - burning in love, man with the gift of the words, a die hard romantic,
Viola - dreamer, charmer, actor, disguied, madly in love, obedient, dutiful daughter, Gwyneth Paltrow does it all, and all too good
"What light is light, if Silvia be not seen, What joy is joy, if Silvia be not by? Unless it be to think that she is by and feed upon the shadow of perfection."
"Oh, I am fortune's fool, I will be punished for this!"
"I have spoken with your father."
- "So my lord? I speak with him every day."
"My Lord--when you cannot find your wife you had better look for her at the playhouse."
"Have her then, but you are a lordly fool. She has been plucked since I saw her last, and not by you. It takes a woman to know it."
" Yes, the illusion is remarkable and your error, Mr. Tilney, easily forgiven, but I know something of a woman in a man's profession, yes, by God, I do know about that. That is enough from you, Maser Kent. If only Lord Wessex were here."

No comments: