Sunday, May 24, 2009

Silent Light (Stellet Licht)






















Winner Jury Prize at Cannes 2007
Nominated for Golden Palm
Directed y Carlos Reygadas
The stillness and the pace of the movie is something which was evdident from the very start. 'It 'It grows on you'- Puma; I felt the same thing happened with Silent Light.
I decided to give the movie the pace which it wishes to take, and relaxed myself and brought myslef in the same rhythm. It helped me relsish the idyllic settings. I kind of was able to sit and see the sunset; which I think have not been able to see for days together. Movies grab you from whatever you are doing, wherever you are; and throws you into a different time and space. If you give it what it takes, you have travelled with the movie, with the characters and become a integral part of whatever happened.
There is a limit to which a movie can make you 'get deep' into the subject, Silent Light explored that very limit. The movie is shot very aesthetically, gives lot of attention to detail, withot any much development happening by means of dialogs (it happens otherwise). I feel it can look all meaningless and pointless, if one is not able to give the time the movie demands.

No comments: