Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Piano Teacher



















The Piano Teacher


Based on Nobel Prize winning book - Die Klavierspielerin, winner of the 2001 Grand Prix at Cannes, best ever performance from Isabella…all these prompted me to pick up the DVD. The DVD had bonus features which included an interview with Isabella. I saw the interview before the movie; and got a hang of what the movie was all about, so I thought. Repressions and fetishes wrapped in a polished and disciplined exterior; music as a premise for falling in love, talented young man, art of seduction, idealism, jealousy, inducing self-pain, calculated moves, disturbing….

1 comment:

Keline said...

I realize reading your reviews that there's a lot of movies I haven't watched yet! But it's giving me ideas of what to see and what not to see...