Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Left Foot: The Story of Christy Brown


















I watched this movie with friend of mine, whom I met after two years. He had mentioned during lunch, that for the last six months he had not watched TV or any movies; as he always had someone or the other dropping by at his place. When we started watching the movie, I was not sure how would he take the movie. This being the intense kind of movie, not all are cut for it. The other thing was the complication of watching a movie with someone. Inadvertently, when a watching movie of your choice, there is need that the movie should match the requisite standards, meet the expectations of the accompanying viewer. However, when watching the movie alone, there is no need to please/meet the expectations of anyone. It helps me relish the movie more and I am free to my judgment.

Strangely, my friend got hooked to the movie and was quite content in the end. He appreciated the movie.

Watch it for the Academy award winning performance of Daniel Day Lewis.

No comments: